Welcome to the online application portal for the 2020 Young Leaders program.
(This form is for US-based candidates only-- candidates in France should apply to our sister Foundation in France at www.french-american.org.)
All of the application materials must be in English.
1. Please fill out the questions in this online application form.
2. At the end of the form there is space to upload the following documents:
- A personal statement (up to 400 words)
- A resume
- A copy of your passport photo page
- An innovative way of introducing yourself. For example, applicants have sent photo collages, power point presentations, videos (2 minutes maximum); and published materials. This is a chance for you to get creative and help us get to know you!
- OPTIONAL: One letter of recommendation from someone who knows you well in a professional or academic capacity. This is not required.
3. Don't forget to click the "submit" button!
More information about the program and the selection process can be found at https://frenchamerican.org/young-leaders/apply/. If you have any questions about the process, please contact Katie DeMallie, Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: The 2020 seminar in France will begin in the evening on Tuesday, October 13 and end in the evening on Saturday, October 17. American Young Leaders should plan to arrive in New York on Monday, October 12 (Columbus Day) for an afternoon activity, fly to Paris the evening of October 12, and travel home on Sunday, October 18. Young Leaders are expected to attend the entirety of the seminar and ensure that the dates of October 12-18 are clear on their calendars.