Welcome to the online application portal for the 2024 French-American Foundation Young Leaders program (This form is for US-based candidates only—candidates based in France should apply to our sister Foundation in France at www.french-american.org.)
1) Applicants should be between the ages of 30-40 years old at the time of applying.
2) Please create an account and fill out the questions in this online application form. Materials should be in English. Please upload the following documents at the end of the form:
- A personal statement (up to 400 words)
- A resume
- A copy of your passport photo page
- An innovative way of introducing yourself. For example, applicants have sent photo collages, power point presentations, videos (2 minutes maximum); and written materials. This is a chance for you to get creative and help us get to know you beyond your resume.
- At least one letter of recommendation from a colleague, mentor, boss, etc., with whom you have worked closely and who knows you in a personal and professional capacity. Only one letter is required, and applicants may submit a maximum of two letters. Letters of recommendation may be addressed to the Young Leaders Selection Committee, and must be uploaded digitally as part of the candidate’s application via the application portal. While letters of recommendation have been optional in the past few years, they will be a required component of the application going forward.
The French-American Foundation
Please note: The 2024 Young Leaders seminar will be held in Miami, Florida from Tuesday, October 22nd to Saturday, October 26th (departing on Sunday, 10/27). Participants are asked to reserve these dates on their calendars.